- AdwareRemover2007 is a fake antivirus software
- AdwareRemover2007 displays numerous fake threats and warnings
- It enters your system through direct download and installation
- It prompts user to purchase paid version to remove threats
- Aimed at making money
What is AdwarePro2Sqr?
AdwareRemover2007 is one of the many thousands of fake antivirus software that is touring the online market. AdwareRemover2007, has to downloaded and installed manually. It poses as s genuine antivirus software. It looks authentic and can be deceiving. Once AdwareRemover2007 is in the sytem it runs a fake system scan and displays numerous errors. It then displays numerous warning messages stating that the system is extremely compromised and the files need to be deleted immediately. Please note that these so called errors are in reality legitimate system files. So you do not have to delete any of them.
AdwareRemover2007 also corrupts your system files and greatly slows down the system speed and causes frequent crashes. Such occurrences force the user to believe that the system is really compromised. The scan results window displays and option to remove the so called viruses. But once you click on it, AdwareRemover2007 prompts user to buy the full liscenced version of the program. This is just a gimmick by AdwareRemover2007 to make money.
It is advised not to give in to these threats and to remove AdwareRemover2007. You can follow the below removal guide that collates both manual and automated removal for AdwareRemover2007.
How is AdwareRemover2007 Distributed?
- Bundled with other freeware from other free download sites
- Downloaded from potentially malicious websites
- Fake updates with malicious links
- Malicious email attachments
Symptoms of AdwareRemover2007 Infection:
- Numerous error messages
- Numerous new windows displaying warning
- Abnormal functioning of programs
- New malwares that show up which user has not installed
- Crashing or freezing of system and/or browser
- Problems in navigating certain sites
How To remove AdwareRemover2007 from your system:
- Follow the below steps to ensure your PC is clean. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you perform a backup for all your files and to create a system restore point (learn here how to do it) before performing the below steps. This is to ensure that just in case you delete the wrong file, you will have a backup/restore point to safely go back to.
- Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to launch the Task Manager.
- Click on processes tab. Click on any file that seems related to AdwareRemover2007 and select End Process.
- If you are using a Windows 8, on the main screen you will find an option ‘Search’. Type in “Control Panel”. If you are using a Windows 7/XP, click on start and choose Control Panel.
Depending on your Windows version, you will find one of these options:
- Add or remove program
- Programs and features
- Click if you see any one of the above. Select any program relevant to AdwareRemover2007 and click on Uninstall.
Remove AdwareRemover2007 from the browser.
- For Chrome you can do it by clicking on the Menu>>Tools>>Extensions and removing the related extensions.
- For Mozilla Firefox, Press Ctrl+ Shift+ A. Select Extensions, select the add-ons related to AdwareRemover2007 and click on Disable and then on Remove.
- For Internet Explorer, go to Tools>>Manage Add-ons. Select “Toolbars and Extensions” and disable related add-ons.
Prevent AdwareRemover2007 and other viruses with AVStrike:
Go to http://www.avstrike.com/product.php and choose Windows XP or Windows 7 or 8, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on free trial.
Download AVStrike and install it on your PC by following the Setup Guide.
- After installation, you will have a shortcut key on your desktop (which you can remove). Click the icon to open the folder.
- A small window now opens with tabs indicating Quick Scan, Custom Scan and Full Scan. You can select your preference and then click on “Scan Now”. For complete protection, Full Scan is recommended.
- AVStrike will scan your system for threats.
- A result page will now appear with the threats detected on your computer.
- You can either click on Select all or highlight the threats you choose to delete and click on “Remove All”.
Your system is now free of AdwareRemover2007 and is also protected from any such malware in the future!
It is important to remove AdwareRemover2007 and such malware from your system to keep your PC safe and secure.