Malware - a dangerous software to infect your machine. Basically, it is malevolent software mainly designed by the attackers to get your personal information and prevent your computer from functioning well. These infections can appear in the form of scripts, code, active content or other software. Malware, more precisely is a general term for all computer threats including ransomware, viruses, Trojan horses, keyloggers, rootkits, adware, spyware, dialers and other malicious program.
You work very hard to secure your machine from the malevolent thugs of the online world. You evade the questionable websites; you keep the antivirus software up-to-date and further keep yourself restricted from opening suspicious email attachments. Moreover, you keep Adobe Reader, Flash and Java up-to-date or much better; you make a habit of living without them.
However, against all the odds, malware and Trojan horse are clever enough to slip in and crack your machine. Scanning is the most common method to remove the malware. However, before you do that, first determine what the problem is; learn the way to scan and various systematic ways to protect your machine from imminent invasions.
Are you sure your computer is infected? Yes, it is important to identify. Recognize whether it is really dealing with a virus or it is a software or hardware problem. Look for the sure signs of threats. Despite of the inability, here are some of the instances which can speak loud to tell that your machine is infected.
The Telltale Signs of Malware Infected Computer
- Your web browser sometimes becomes unresponsive, hangs and freezes.
- At the time of accessing various websites, your system might come up with the error "Internet Explorer could not display the page".
- Your system becomes too slow.
- Strange Toolbars occur at the top of the web browser.
- You can recognize new icons on your desktop.
- Unexpected pop up messages even if your system is not connected to the internet.
- Unfamiliar error messages stating to corrupt your files.
- Your homepage or search program suddenly changes.
- The firewall protection and antivirus is unpredictably deactivated.
- Your computer runs out of hard drive space.
To keep your system protected and secured, make sure that an antivirus is installed on your computer. Anti-malware programs scans and guarantees to keep your device completely safe. You can also fix the infection by re-installing Windows. Re-installing Windows is a solution and it can work well for seriously infected computers. When you start re-installing Windows, all your system files would be removed and replaced with the decent ones from the Windows installation disc. The programs have to be installed again which ensures that they are safe. Also make sure that you have a backup of all your important files with an eagle eye that they are clean and uninfected.
Despite of the practices, these days most of the malware are so powerful that they do not allow you to start some of the on-demand scanners and basic utilities while you run your Windows in Normal mode. So, it advised to start your machine in safe mode along with Networking. In order to start your computer in safe mode with networking, try out the underlying steps.
- Remove all CD's, floppy disks and DVD's and restart your computer.
- For Windows 7, XP or Vista, press and hold the F8 key on the keyboard as the system is restarting. Make sure that you press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: In some computers, pressing and holding the key while the system is booting would bring a stuck key message. If you experience the problem, do not press and hold the "F8 key", instead tap the "F8 key" constantly until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears. For Windows 8, press the Windows key + C and then hit 'Settings'. Click Power< hold down the Shift button< Restart< Troubleshoot and then choose Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings and hit Restart in the Advanced Options Screen.
- For Windows 7, XP or Vista in the Advanced Boot Options screen, make use of the arrow keys in order to bring Safe Mode with Networking into the limelight and then hit Enter. For Windows 8, press 5 on the keyboard in order to start Safe Mode with Networking.
Prevent Trojans, Spyware, Rootkit, Malware with AVStrike
To remove all the malicious threats found on your system, run a system scan with AVStrike Software. Here are the steps to perform the same.
- First download AVStrike and install it on your system.
- When installed, click on it to open.
- Three tabs 'Quick Scan, Custom Scan, Full Scan' would appear on the page. To scan, select any of the three and click 'Scan Now'. For Custom Scan, you need to browse for folder and click ok. For ultimate protection, it is highly recommended to run a full scan.
- The scanning process would continue.
- The result page would appear containing the number of threats found.
So, install AVStrike and evade the access of malevolent malware that disrupt the normal functioning of your computer.